St. Mary de Haura Church, New Shoreham, West Sussex.  Original 1103
Photograph by David Wood
Photograph by Pete Weaver
Weather Vane (Photograph by Andy Horton)
The restored ceiling of the church
 
 
 

Link to Vault Repairs

1225  St. Mary's Church is completed in its finest glory. Before the nave fell down the total external length of the church was 205 feet (62 metres)*. Now it is less than half this length. The current nave, originally the chancel,  was added with the Norman Buttresses in the 12th century. The tower and the small spire would also make the church considerably higher than today, certainly over 100 feet (30+ metres).

Churches of Shoreham (Victorian County History)